Friday, September 24, 2010

The doctor says there's infection at the roots of the hair.
That's why the hair falls frequently.
So I am on antibiotics & its going to take 3 months to cure.
but by the end of 3 months, all my hair would have fall off already.
darn.

I was doing some calculations today.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Assuming that there's only 1 prize in a TOTO draw,
we have to get a combination of 6 out of 45 numbers correct.
So the probability is 1 out of 45C6 right?
It's about 1 / 8,145,060.
Wow, its like one out of more than 8 million chances.

Then I was calculating the probability of getting 10/10 for an MCQ test that have 5 choices. Assuming you make a non-bias guess for every question, and assuming that the probability of having each selection (A-E) coming out as the right answer is the same..
(1/5)^10 = 1 / 9,765,625.
That's freaking one out of 9 million chances to get full marks.

So, you can see that the probability of winning TOTO is higher that scoring full marks in a test through non-bias guess.
OMG! I am so going to buy TOTO starting tmr!



1 comment:

  1. the hair dropping is scary. 3mths of antibiotics.. either the antibiotics kill you and save your hair or all your hair drop off. lol. i guessed 5 and got 2 correct leh. good enough la.. LOL

    ReplyDelete